Thursday, March 25, 2021

2 weeks later amid the snow

 

Flower pots for planting seeds
So. We have had a typical March. In like a lamb and then hitting us with relentless cold weather. It's actually not that cold. It just feels like it, because the 60F days de-acclimated us. Still, the snow this morning was a bit much. But the daffodils are up, and tons of early perennials are pushing through as well.

These are bunny pots for the grands, though I just realized that it may be too late for Easter. Maybe not. I'll have to apply myself and get them fired. And there need to be three, not two!

The one on the left is hand built and appliqued, the one on the right thrown and appliqued. BC6 clay. I can probably fire them once to cone 5 and be fine, since glaze is desirable on these. I should make flower pots all the time!

Hand built mug
I'm trying a new photo backdrop, and it's proving unreliable. Sigh. It seemed such a good solution. . .getting banner printed on cloth, rather than the fragile paper type that is 3 times as expensive, and scratches when you look at it sideways. Also, I have no idea why the pots above look like they're not on a level surface. They are. Back to the drawing board on backdrops, I guess. 

More pre-fired work. This is a hand built mug. I really like the dimensions and the pulled handle, but am not sure how she will fire or glaze. I'm a little worried about cracking, too, but this BC6 is much less prone to that then the porcelain I've been using.

Small hand built dishes
 

To the left is not a great image of three little soy sauce dishes, also greenware. Sorry about the focus. I have one of these that I made a few months ago, and I really like using it. 

More on these later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A flurry

Narrow serving plate, 12" We're in the last few weeks of prepping for John's retirement. It's a very exciting time, but suc...